The solar Year of the Fire Rooster (丁酉) commences on the 3rd February and this year we are holding a Chinese New Year Luncheon to celebrate!
The Rooster is the 10th sign in the Chinese Zodiac and considered to be loyal, trustworthy, protective and punctual. In fact for ancestors who had no alarm clocks, their crowing was significant, as it would awaken them to get up and start work.
Furthermore the Rooster is a Flower of Romance so this year we can expect an increase in our social activity and even some romantic overtones.
According to the Hsia Calendar however, the Year of the Rooster is also symbolized by the Heavenly Stem of Ding or Yin Fire (丁) sitting on top of the Earthly Branch of You or the Metal Rooster (酉). A clash between Ding Fire and the You Metal Rooster suggests another unstable year ahead, which could manifest in both great developments and great disasters.
So how will these influences affect us and what can we do to improve the year ahead for ourselves and our families? If you would like to know more about preparing yourself and your home or business to make the most of the opportunities and challenges that lay ahead, then come along and let our expert speakers advise you on the prospects and obstacles that the Year of the Fire Rooster will bring.
Located on the shores of Port Phillip Bay, our venue for this year is the lovely Brighton Savoy Hotel. Tickets are now on sale via www.intfsa.org.au at $90 per head which includes arrival hors d'oeuvres, a 2 course meal with a selection of fine wine, beer and soft drink, tea & coffee, 3 speakers, door prizes, complimentary onsite parking and much more! This all represents great value so why not join us for a most informative and romantic luncheon.
• Edgar (Lok Tin) Yung – Chinese Zodiac Forecasts for 2017
• Master Jancy Tan-Lew (AFSM) – Feng Shui Energies for 2017
• Master Tyler J. Rowe (AFSM) – Health Forecast for the Fire Rooster Year
• Master Janene Laird (AFSM) - Luncheon Hostess
• A selection of hors d'oeuvres and wine, beer or soft drink served upon arrival
A choice of two Main Courses:
• Fish of the Day – Miso Oven Baked Fillet of Fish served with Seasonal Greens, Steamed White Rice garnished with Julienne Vegetables and a Sticky Soy Glaze
• Roast Scotch Fillet of Beef – With Seasonal Green Vegetables, Pomme Potatoes and Willowglen Shiraz Jus
A choice of two Desserts:
• Chocolate Mud Cake - Accompanied by a Raspberry Gelato & Chocolate Syrup
• Vanilla Bean & Orange Panna Cotta – Served with Minted Strawberries and Chocolate Crumbs
• Coffee, Tea & After Dinner Mints
• De Bortoli Willowglen Sem. Sauvignon Blanc
• De Bortoli Willowglen Shiraz Cabernet
• De Bortoli Willowglen Sparkling Brut
• Carlton Draught & Cascade Premium Light Beer
• Soft Drinks & Iced Water
Please note that vegetarian or gluten free options can be provided so please advise us prior to the luncheon so that suitable dietary arrangements can be made
• Brighton Savoy Hotel – 150 The Esplanade, Brighton
• 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm
• Enquiries: email@example.com or 0402 688 888
• All tickets are priced at $90 inclusive of food and beverages
• Parking is complimentary onsite at the Brighton Savoy or in the surrounding streets